Who We Are
The IoTAA is the primary IoT industry body in Australia with members being drawn from a wide cross-section of IoT service providers, vendors, consultants and suppliers as well as business, universities and consumer groups.
The IoT Alliance Australia's Structure
IoTAA is governed by a Board led by Gavin Smith, President and Chairman of Bosch Australia, and advised by an Executive Council led by the Chair, Mr John Stanton, CEO of Communications Alliance. Working under the guidance of the Executive Council are the six IoTAA workstreams.
The Executive Council is guided by the following key principles:
Executive Council Principles
- Establish and directly influence the objectives and priority activities of the Alliance
- Define the time frames for milestones and deliverables of the Alliance.
- Provide workstream oversight and guidance in accordance with Alliance objectives
- The council aims to be representative across the wider Australian economy and not restricted to the ICT industry.
- Invited Council members are expected to actively participate in the Alliance.
- The addition of any further members to the Executive Council will be decided by a majority vote of existing Executive Council members
- Council membership is currently limited to 30
- Council Chair is elected by the council annually
- Council members contribute to the functioning and funding of the Alliance.
IoTAA Executive Council Members at may 2017
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA)
- Blue IoT
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Communications Alliance
- Creator Tech
- Department of Communications and the Arts (DoCA)
- Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (PM&C)
- Internet Australia
- Knowledge Economy Institute (KEi), UTS
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)/Privacy Commissioner
- Quantify Technology
- Schneider Electric
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Vodafone Hutchison Australia
The IoT Alliance Australia acknowledges and thanks two key executive council members:
• Founding organisation, principal host until June 2016 and convenor
• Provides senior project management support to the Alliance
• Principal Host of the IoT Alliance (from June 2016)
• Communications and project management support