The IoT Alliance Australia is the peak Australian IoT body
Our vision is to empower industry to grow Australia's competitive advantage through IoT.
To accelerate IoT innovation and adoption by:
- Activating and supporting collaboration across industry, government, research and communities;
- Promoting enabling, evidence-based policy and regulation; and
- Identifying strategic opportunities for economic growth and social benefit.
Our key objectives are to:
1. Drive sound, evidence based input from industry into appropriate policy and regulation for IoT in Australia;
2. Recognise, understand and drive the national growth strategy underpinned by IoT enabling technologies, across key sectors of the Australian economy where Australia enjoys a competitive advantage; and
3. Promote collaboration at all levels including (but not limited to) between industry and Government, across the SME community, start-ups and investors, between service providers and problem/opportunity owners.
Read more in our Position Paper: Seizing the Internet of Things Opportunity for Australia
IoT Alliance Australia's overarching principles and aims
- Maintain an open and transparent dialogue with industry and other stakeholders.
- Behave in a socially responsible and ethical way at all times.
- Encourage industry interoperability and seek collaboration based on secure and open IoT solutions
- Encourage the growth of and innovation within the IoT industry in Australia and internationally
- Encourage the development of a national IoT strategy to position Australia to harness the benefits of the IoT, with industry and government effectively working together.
- Be self-funding.