IOT ALLIANCE AUSTRALIA LTD has recently been registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
The ACNC is the national regulator of charities. The ACNC was established in December 2012 to achieve the following objects:
- maintain, protect and enhance public trust and confidence in the sector through increased accountability and transparency
- support and sustain a robust, vibrant, independent and innovative not-for-profit sector
- promote the reduction of unnecessary regulatory obligations on the sector.
IoTAA is registered as a charity for the following purposes:
- Advancing education
- Advancing public debate (promoting or opposing a change to any matter established by law, policy or practice in the Commonwealth, a state, territory or another country)
- Advancing the security or safety of Australia or the Australian public